The Biology Department in the Faculty of Science at York University invites highly qualified applicants for a professorial stream tenure-track appointment in Immunology at the Assistant Professor level, to commence on July 1, 2023.
The successful candidate would develop an innovative research program in areas that may include, but not limited to, host-pathogen interactions, vaccines, developmental immunology, stem cell biology, adaptive-, innate- or auto-immunity. Outstanding state-of-the art infrastructure is available for flow cytometry and cell sorting, cell imaging and mass spectrometry through the YSciCore facility.
The successful candidate will enhance the breadth of research in the department and support teaching needs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The Biology department is broad based and eclectic with strengths in Cell and Molecular Biology, Physiology, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. Additional details regarding the department can be found at https://www.yorku.ca/science/biology.
· Degree: PhD in Immunology or related fields is required by the start date.
o Clearly articulated program of research and specialization in Immunology.
o Engaged in outstanding, innovative research with proven, or potential for, external research funding.
o Research excellence or promise of excellence of a recognized international calibre, as evident in: the research statement; publications (or forthcoming publications) in significant journals within the field; presentations at major conferences; awards and accolades; and strong recommendations from referees of high standing.
o Excellence or promise of excellence for early career scholars in teaching, as evident in one or more of: the teaching statement; teaching accomplishments and pedagogical innovations.
o Suitability for prompt appointment to the Faculty of Graduate Studies, given that the position will involve graduate teaching and supervision.
· Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
· All York University positions are subject to budgetary approval.
· All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and Indigenous peoples in Canada will be given priority.
· York University has a policy on Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilitiesand is committed to working towards a barrier-free workplace and to expanding the accessibility of the workplace to persons with disabilities. Candidates who require accommodation during the selection process are invited to contact Henrietta Erabhahiemen at email@example.com.
· York is a leading international teaching and research university, and a driving force for positive change. Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective, we are preparing our students for their long-term careers and personal success. Together, we can make things right for our communities, our planet, and our future.
· York is located in Toronto, Canada’s largest city and one of the world’s most diverse. In 2022, Forbes named Toronto one of the Ten Best Cities to Live. York is accessible from Toronto by subway.
· York University is an Affirmative Action (AA) employer and strongly values diversity, including gender and sexual diversity, within its community. The AA Program, which applies to women, members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and those who self-identify as 2SLGBTQ+, can be found at http://acadjobs.info.yorku.caor by calling the AA line at 416-736-5713. Applicants wishing to self-identify as part of York University’s Affirmative Action program can do so by downloading, completing, and submitting this voluntary self-identification form.
· Due date for completed applications: January 6th, 2023.
· Required components for application package: 1) cover letter; 2) current CV; 3) statement of research plan 4) statement of teaching interests.
· Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the application subject line “Professorial Stream Immunology”.
· Candidates must also arrange for three letters of reference to be sent to email@example.com.
· Candidates must also download, complete, and submit a Work Status Declarationform. This is a mandatory form and no application will be considered without it.
Posting End Date: January 6, 2023