A full-time research Assistant or Associate position to work on CIHR-funded biomedical research on HIV inflammation.
1. Participate in literature reviews, the execution of laboratory projects and experiments, analyzing and interpreting research results;
2. Up-dating of inventories of reagents and biological specimens in the lab and banking of specimens;
3. Prepare materials and equipment. Ensure calibration of scientific instruments and adequate supplies for testing. Perform basic biologic specimen processing;
4. Ordering the research lab reagents;
5. Troubleshoot, correct and adapt published methodologies;
6. Record results, perform calculations and compile data. Maintain records and files;
7. Help supervise and guide research trainees (e.g., graduate students)
• Education: MSc or PhD
• Field/Discipline: Immunology, Virology, Microbiology, Biochemistry
• Experience: ≥2 years
• Lab skills: Flow cytometry, Molecular biology, DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR viral production and culture, Western blotting, ELISA, Immunohistochemistry, Cell and tissue culture.
• Computer skills: Microsoft office, Graphpad or SPSS, FlowJo
• Languages: Bilingual in French and English.
Full-time, temporary position
Salary: commensurate with experience and expertise
Please submit your (1) CV, (2) cover letter and (3) contact information of three references in “one single PDF file” to: