1. Participate in the design and execution of laboratory projects and experiments, literature reviews, analyzing and interpreting research data;
2. Troubleshoot, correct and adapt published methodologies;
3. Record results, perform calculations and compile data. Maintain records and files;
4. Keep abreast of new developments in the field to update skills and knowledge, both theoretical and technical;
5. Prepare scientific manuscripts and presentationns
6. Help supervise and guide research trainees (e.g., graduate students) in the above tasks;
- a PhD in Immunology, virology or related fields
- Interest in working with human specimens
- Expertise in immunology laboratory methods, including multiparameter flow cytometry analysis, isolation and culture of primary cells, and molecular biology is essential
- Background in HIV or viral immunology is an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Bilingualism in French is an asset.
Our lab is located in the RI-MUHC, block E, 3rd floor.
Applicants should submit by e-mail (1) their curriculum vitae, (2) a brief statement of interest, and (3) names and contact information of three references, in one single PDF file to Dr. Cecilia Costiniuk (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the contact information provided below. The preferred start date for the position is July 2022.
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience and expertise.
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RIMUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The Chronic Viral Illness Service is part of the MUHC. The CVIS team has an active research program, conducting numerous clinical trials and observational studies each year to provide innovative research to their patients.