A technician position is available in Dr. Naglaa Shoukry's laboratory at the CHUM Research Center, to work on several projects to study the immune response against the hepatitis C virus (HCV) and liver fibrosis.
- Prepare the solutions needed for experimental purposes.
- Perform various general maintenance tasks and ensure the safety of all users.
- Treat blood and liver samples from patients infected with HCV or affected by various liver diseases.
- Perform separation of plasma, lymphocytes and freezing of patient samples.
- Classify and inventory the various chemical and biological products. Ensure the updating of the electronic database.
- Participate in cell culture, and maintain cell lines.
- Participate in the maintenance of mouse colonies and assist in experiments in animal models of liver fibrosis.
- Train new students and supervise them to promote good laboratory performance practice.
- Technically support students in their respective projects.
- Perform various administrative tasks and material ordering
- Maintain instruments, tools, apparatus and various equipment to ensure proper functioning of the laboratory.
- Ensure full compliance of the laboratory under biosafety Canada and CRCHUM regulations such as updating the various registers and permits.
- DEC or BSc in biomedical sciences.
- Experience in cell culture at containment level BSL2 and 3, experience in processing blood samples or / and maintaining mouse colonies are assets.
To learn more about our research projects, please consult the following link:
Salary: According to Experience
To submit your application, please send your CV along with the names and contact details of two references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org