A PhD position or post-doctoral fellowship is available at the Research
Institute of McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) to work on collaborative research studies between McGill, University of Quebec at Montreal (UQAM) and the University of Montreal on immunity during HIV infection funded by The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). The candidate will be supervised by Dr. Cecilia
Costiniuk, Assistant Professor in Infectious Diseases at McGill and Dr. Mohammad-Ali Jenabian, the holder of the Canada Research Chair in Immuno-Virology and Assistant Professor in Immuno-Virology at UQAM.
• Participates in the execution of laboratory projects and experiments. Performs a variety of specialized technical tasks and optimizes methodology according to established methodology in field of HIV immunology and molecular biology
• Perform multi-colour flow cytometry.
• Troubleshoots, corrects and adapts published methodologies.
• Records results, performs calculations and compiles data. Maintains records and files.
• Keeps abreast of new developments in the field to update skills and knowledge.
• Participates in manuscript preparation.
• For post-doctoral fellows and senior graduate students, assists junior trainees with their projects.
• PhD /MSc degree in immunology, virology, biochemistry or a related field.
• Strong interest in working with human specimens and HIV.
• Laboratory experience in primary cell culture, molecular biology and immunology.
• Experience and proficiency with multi-colour flow cytometry is essential.
• Significant scientific contributions and excellent communication skills are required.
Salary: Based on CIHR
Please submit your CV, a cover letter and the names and contact information of three referees in one PDF document to Dr. Cecilia Costiniuk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cecilia T. Costiniuk MD, MSc, FRCPC
Division of Infectious Diseases and Chronic Viral Illness Service
McGill University Health Centre