2024 Scientific Meeting - Abstract & Poster
Meeting Abstract: OPEN DECEMBER 4, 2023
Abstract Submissions Open – Monday, December 4, 2023
Abstract Submissions Close – Friday, March 8, 2024
Optional Poster uploaded to mobile app – March 31, 2024
Reviews Complete and Workshop Presenters Announced – Monday, April 1, 2024
Please note that all abstracts accepted as Workshop talks will also have a poster presentation unless advised differently.
Submission: When you register and pay your conference registration fee, you will be provided with a link on your receipt, as well as emailed the link to submit your abstract. You have the option to submit up to three abstracts. You will need to provide your abstract as a Word format file or a Rich Text Format (RTF) file to your abstract submission.
Format (note updated requirements):
- Text in Word (.doc; .docx) or Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Title in CAPITAL letters and in BOLD
- First name, initial (if used) and last name of all authors, with presenting author's name underlined, followed by their affiliation(s)
- Body of abstract containing aim of study, methodology, results and conclusion(s)
- Acknowledgment of support in italics
- Abstract - format as follows (see sample):
- Content within 300 words excluding names & affiliations
- Times or Times New Roman, 12pt, 2cm margins, single space
- Save document title as LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME
- Maximum all-inclusive size of abstract: 14 x 14 cm (300 words). Text beyond this maximum will not show.
You can view and edit your conference abstract submission up to the abstract deadline. To access, please login to your Membership and view under “My Submissions”.
Posters at the Meeting:
All registrants are invited to submit an abstract for the poster sessions at the CSI Meeting, April 22-25, 2024 in Banff, AB.
In-Person Poster Presentations – Tuesday, April 23 at 8:00pm - 10:00pm and Wednesday, April 24 at 3:45pm - 5:45pm. You should be available to present at either poster session. *Timing subject to change.
- Due to space constraints, abstracts submitted by undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral trainees will be given priority for in-person poster presentation.
- Due to space constraints, the first 200 submitted abstracts will be given a physical poster onsite.
- Only one poster per presenting author will be given a physical poster spot and considered for judging and awards. If you submit more than one abstract, the additional abstracts will be included as virtual posters only.
- All abstracts must be submitted as PDFs in case they need to be shared with poster judges if submission numbers are high. The due date is March 31st for these to be uploaded. Note that if required, PDFs will only be shared with judges to judge in the first round. A second round of judging will still take place in person as normal. No triage will happen in round 1.
- All abstracts have the option to submit their PDF posters to be included in the Mobile App and have the option to submit a pre-recorded video presentation of their poster for additional exposure. The due date is March 31st for these to be uploaded.
Notes for the preparation of Posters In-Person:
The dimensions of the poster should not exceed 3' 5" (w) by 4' (h). Push pins will be provided.
Posters being judged should prepare for an 8-minute oral presentation of their poster and then will have 2 minutes of questions with judges. If your poster is shortlisted, you will present twice to two different judge pairs.
Notes for the preparation of Virtual Posters: Coming soon.